Saturday, February 23, 2008



LOVE OF GOD - VIRTUE FOR MARCH









"The love of God is the highest and strictest obligation binding on all men. No one should ever forget the answer of Christ to the question: 'Which is the first and greatest commandment of the Law?' His words were simple, direct, forceful: 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart and with thy whole soul, with thy whole mind and with all thy strength.' Without the fulfillment of this law, therefore, all striving for other virtues and qualities would be without profit.






"The love of God is the infused theological virtue by which we love God above all other things because of His infinite perfection and lovableness, and manifest that love in thought, word and deed. The love of God forbids, in general, the neglect from love, as well as the misuse or degrading of things given by God or dedicated to Him." (Rev. Donald F. Miller, C.SS.R.)









Ejaculation for the month:






Jesus, my God, I love Thee above all things.






Scriptures for the month:






And we know that to them that love God all things work together unto good: to such as, according to his purpose, are called to be saints. Romans 8:28






Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation? Or distress? Or famine? Or nakedness? Or danger? Or persecution? Or the sword? Romans 8:35






For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor might, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39






Prayer for the month:






O great Lord of heaven and earth, Infinite Good, Infinite Majesty, who has loved men so tenderly, how is it that Thou art so much despised by them? Yet amongst those men, O my God, Thou hast loved me in a particular manner and hast bestowed on me special graces that have not been given to so many others.






And I have depised Thee more than others. I deserve to be cast off on account of my frequent ingratitude to Thee. But Thou hast said that Thou wilt not reject a penitent soul that returns to Thee. My Jesus, I am sorry for having offended Thee.






I now acknowledge Thee for my Lord and redeemer, who hast died in order to save me and to be loved by me. I this day resolve to love Thee with my whole heart, and to love nothing but Thee. I adore Thee for all those who do not adore Thee, and I love Thee for all those who do not love thee.






My Lord, give me Thy love, but a fervent love which will make me forget all creatures; a strong love, which will make me conquer all difficulties in order to please Thee; a perpetual love which will never be dissolved between me and Thee. O Mary, my Mother, fill my heart with love for my Saviour! (Examination of Conscience for Adults)






Happy Lent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home